10 Steps To Deep Cleaning A New Home
If you’ve just moved into a new home, congratulations! This is an exciting time in your life. But before you start unpacking, there’s something important you need to do: deep clean your new house. A thorough cleaning is essential to getting rid of all the dirt and dust that has built up over time. Here are 10 steps to help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
1. Start with the floors: vacuum carpets and sweep hard surfaces, then mop them. Clean behind furniture and in corners to ensure all dust and dirt is removed.
2. Disinfect surfaces: kitchen counters, bathroom sinks and floors, as well as doorknobs, light switches and other surfaces that are frequently touched should be disinfected with an appropriate cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and water.
3. Wipe down walls: use a damp cloth to remove any grime or dirt from walls. Consider using a steam cleaner for more stubborn stains such as soot from fireplaces or nicotine residue from smoking areas.
4. Clean windows: wash both the inside and outside of windows, including sills and frames. Be sure to use the correct cleaner for your window type. Another way to make your windows sparkle is to use a squeegee. Clean blinds and curtains: use a duster or vacuum cleaner attachment to get rid of dust as a professional maid service would, then wipe them down with a damp cloth. If they’re really grimy, you might need to soak and hand-wash them.
5. Clean out closets and cabinets: remove items from closet shelves and cabinets and wipe down interior surfaces with a damp cloth. Vacuum shelves and drawers to remove dust and dirt that has accumulated. Discard anything that is no longer needed or wanted.
6. Dust ceiling fixtures: use a feather duster or vacuum cleaner extension hose to reach overhead light fixtures, fans and other hard-to-reach areas of the ceiling where dust can accumulate.
7. Vacuum furniture: use an upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner to clean sofas, chairs and other soft furnishings in your home. Keep in mind that some fabrics may require professional cleaning services offered by My Maid Service of Cincinnati instead. Vacuum robot vacuums can also be used to clean carpets and hard floor surfaces.
8. Clean appliances: clean the interior and exterior of all major appliances, such as refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers and microwaves. Be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions for the best results.
9. Clean bathroom: scrub the bathtub, shower and sink with a cleanser, then disinfect all surfaces with an appropriate cleaner or mixture of vinegar and water. Wipe down walls and fixtures with a damp cloth. If you have tile in your bathroom, use an appropriately approved grout cleaning product to restore it to its original gleam.
10. Maintain outdoor areas: sweep porches and decks, power wash any exterior surfaces that are stained or discolored and tidy up gardens or yards. Dispose of garbage correctly: separate recyclable items from non-recyclables, then dispose of all trash in accordance with local regulations.
By following these steps, you can ensure your new home is a clean and healthy space to enjoy for many years to come! Good luck with the process! And enjoy your new home.